- 96% of people who volunteered said it enriched their sense of purpose in life*
- 94% of people who volunteered in the last 12 months said it improved their mood*
- Volunteering helps people get the experience they need to get back into work
*Source: United Health Group, National Survey Results, 2013
Why volunteer? People choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons. For some it offers the chance to give something back to the community or make a difference to the people around them. For others it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge. Regardless of the motivation, what unites them all is that they find it both challenging and rewarding. Volunteering can be a route to employment, or a chance to try something new which may lead to a career change by:
- Gaining new skills, knowledge and experience
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing a CV
- Gaining a reference / referee
- Gaining an accreditation
- Using one’s professional skills and knowledge to benefit others
All volunteers will have their out-of-pocket expenses paid, hours are negotiable and training will also be offered.
There are a number of ways in which you can volunteer with Welcome Change. Here are some of them, but if you have an idea for yourself based on what you have read about us, do get in touch and put it to us.
- Charity Shops – shop assistant, stock sorter, promotions and displays assistant
- Warehouse – stock sorter, van driver, furniture remover, furniture restorer
- Community Centre – administrator, events organiser, promotions assistant, youth work
- Cafe – kitchen assistant, waiter/waitress, cleaner
- Community Services – gardening, community clear-ups, DIY
- Youth Services – helping to plan and run activities for young people
- Services for the Elderly – helping out during lunch clubs and tea dances at the Community Centre
Volunteer applications can be made at any time. You can download an application form below. For queries contact us on 0121 749 5702. Please email your completed application form to email@example.com or drop it in to us at the Welcome Charity shop.
Downloadable application forms:
Welcome Change CIC Volunteer Application Form – Microsoft Word Document